Saturday, October 15, 2005

Crappy Saturday

Of all the Saturday's in my life, this has to be by far the most frustrating one to date.

Pissoff#1 3:30 pm. I tune into NBC and begin watching the most anticipated match in college football. Notre Dame Vs. USC. It was a game made in heaven. Plenty of action. Tight game. Plenty of offense and best of all, the fighting Irish were leading throughout the game. Along came the 4th quarter. With 7 seconds remaining in the game, Notre Dame leading 31-28, Heisman trophy winner Matt Leinart runs three amazing plays and finally rushes for the game winning touchdown! The Irish loose 34-31, in the most frustrating way anyone can imagine. Crap!!

Pissoff#2 Having taken a massive emotional hit, I slump towards my friend's house, where I meet up with a few buddies to watch the Montreal Canadians take on the Toronto Maple Leafs. Same storey. Good match, plenty of heart-pounding action, but in the end, Eric Lindros scores a goal that's the mother of all flukes with less than 7 minutes remaining in the 3rd period. And the leafs hang on for the win. Fu*k!!!!

Pissoff #3. I can't even drink my sorrows away as I have drawn the short straw to become the designated driver for tonight. *Punches Wall*

P.S. Do any of my Canadian readers notice just how freaking b.s. the play by play announcers really are on Hockey night in Canada? Can they honestly be any more biased towards the Maple Leafs? Fu*kers!

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 16 October, 2005, Blogger bob said...

Add to the frustration... Michigan 27, Penn State 25.
At least Flyers stuffed the Isles.
Rock on, dude!

 
At Sunday, 16 October, 2005, Blogger The Arabian Knight said...

Awww man! Michigan won today?
I did not need to know that. Congrats on the Flyers though, I'm glad you did'nt go through what I went through today.

 
At Monday, 17 October, 2005, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I never thought I'd cheer for the leafs, but i did on Saturday. I have always had a soft spot for the Habs because of Ken Dryden. When he became a Lib minister in charge of early child indoctrination er I mean, development the soft spot was gone. May they lose every game!

 
At Thursday, 15 July, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

借錢 借貸 票貼

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home