Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Election thoughts.

Just a few after-election thoughts.

-I can't say how proud I am of the residents in and around Quebec City for sending 10 KICKS ASS Conservative MP's to Ottawa. Felicitations! I'm even more ecstatic that Maxime Bernier opened a can of whoop ass on his Bloc and Liberal opponents. For those of you who were a little disappointed a the CPC's move to the center on economic issues (and I include myself in that group) , keep a close eye on this guy! He's one of us! Socially progressive, but very much pro-Small government, pro-Low taxes for a less interventionist government. He's basically your clear definition of a classical liberal.

-Harper's speech: Canada: Strong, United, Independent, and Free. A-MAZING! Hands down the best speech he ever made.

-Congratulations to Tony Clement, Garth Turner, John Baird, Jim Flaherty and Richard Dykstra. These men were not in easy battles, but managed to emerge victorious. Congratulations guys.

-That's all the praise Ontario get from me however. While I certainly applaud the residents who voted NDP, I cannot however bring myself to the same mindset of those who voted Liberal. The way you guys get played by the Liberals is honestly sad and pathetic. I just don't understand which part of:

58. Abortion Legislation
A Conservative Government will not support any legislation to regulate abortion.


just don't you understand? (From what I heard during the news, this was the most important issue that led them to vote Liberal). Seriously guys, seek help.

-I'm also very sad to see a fantastic young Tory like Jeremy Harrison losing his re-election. I pray to god you run again Jeremy. Canada needs people like you.

-Paul Martin stepping down: I'll take my mother's advice on this one since I don't have anything nice to say. *silence*

-As for Atlantic Canada, well...I have confidence that once you've seen a Conservative government in action (should they govern the right way), you'll warm up more to the idea of voting Tory next time.

My thoughts in general for this election are mixed.

Happy we won, pissed that its a weak minority.
Glad that the Bloc got blacked. Angry that the GTA gave the fibs a carte blanche.
The WEST IS IN! But Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are out. We gotta work on that.
Yes Belinda got re-elected....but so was Helena Gurgis ;-)
Increased NDP presence, don't know what to say. Respect their commitments and energy, despise their values. Expect more victimization, immature nationalism, more guilt trips for simply being male and white. And allot more Union-whoring.
Speaking of which, Buzz, update your resume!
That's all for now.

Good Night!

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, 24 January, 2006, Anonymous Andrew Brehm said...

Congratulations!

I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am!

After a long time when Canada seemed anti-American and anti-Israel (and anti-freedom) to certainly a lesser degree that most countries, Canada is now returning as an integral part of the pro-freedom English-speaking world (and a few French speakers as well, of course).

A similar move just happened in Germany (although the new government is very tame and keeps giving money to terrorists, who have now understood the deal and captured another two Germans).

The UK, of course, do well with their Labour government, but the Tories might take over there too. (But I really don't find it as necessary as it was in Canada!)

Welcome back in the Empire, Canada! Let's show the Americans that they are not the only great freedom-loving power.

 
At Tuesday, 24 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how ignorant you are of Ontarion's mindsets. As an Ontarian myself, I resent that you called us "stupid and pathetic" just because we voted differently from you. In case you didn't know, the Conservatives won absolutely NO seats in Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver.

The reason Ontarians are afraid of Conservatives is because of our past experiences with Conservatives. In the early 90's, the Conservative government led by Mike Harris put us through some of the darkest times in our history. We do not want to relive those days.

I don't call Albertans sad and pathetic for having voted Conservative. Please don't do the same for anyone.

 
At Tuesday, 24 January, 2006, Blogger The Arabian Knight said...

I did'nt call YOU stupid and pathetic, I said they WAY the liberals manage to scare you back into their arms is pathetic.

If you don't like Conservative policies, or Stephen Harper, I can respect that. What I cannot respect however is the carte blanche many in Ontario (especially in the GTA) seem to give the Liberal party. There are other choices believe it or not. Like I said, I respect those who voted NDP, but voting for the Liberals after all they've done, well...that's just not ethnicaly right from my perspective.
Having said all that I apologize if you toook this message personally, I didn't mean to. I wasn't questioning your intelligence, only your logic and judgement.

Its nothing personal.

 
At Wednesday, 25 January, 2006, Blogger Shameer Ravji said...

The second comment is typical of the ignorance of the typical Ontario Liberal voter. I'm an Ontarian myself who is a staunch Conservative and the comments on Harris are based on ignorance. I'm glad Harris took on the unions with their bully tactics in public schools and having teachers indoctrinate students during school hours with their leftist dogma and returning some fiscal sanity to the province's books. I know leftists don't like that sort of thing, then again, they helped prop up the Liberals last year so what do you expect from them?

 
At Thursday, 15 July, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

借錢 借貸 票貼

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home