Sunday, February 05, 2006

No turning back now.

God dammit! Its the issue that won't go away! The issue has really spread like wildfire and is exposing the many poisonous mindset that well grounded within the Muslim World.





Out of all that's been said on the matter, I think Mark Steyn said it best on the Hugh Hewitt show:

And at some point, Muslims living in Western Europe have to decide whether or not they're prepared to be offended, because that's what it involves in a free society. Every day of the week, you, I'm sure...every morning, I wake up to hate mail on the e-mail, and I shrug it off. And I'm sure you do, too. And that's what Muslims have to learn to do in the Western world, if they're going to be citizens of the Western world.


(H/T T.L.M.E.P)

We've really reached a dangerous point. And unfortunately, its a point of no return as everybody involved in this whole brouhaha has already apologized and yet the morons are not backing down. But what the western world should do right now is STAND FIRM. To back off right now is the equivalent of appeasement to the hardliners who are behind all this. Basically, it sends a message that their intimidation, calls for violence and unacceptable behavior can yield results to their favor. Which in turn sets a dangerous precedent, what if they decide to this to any media that writes a pro-Israel article? What if they decide to do react the same way to a study that challenges the theory of Islam? What if they decide to do the same thing to MTV (yes, its diffused in the Middle East) because of its content?

If the western world keeps backing down whenever some maniacs like this decide to ruffle the feathers, then we're putting the concept of free press in danger worldwide.

Because I can guarantee you that should the press and countries involved chicken out on this, then the mad mullahs will simply use it to their advantage and rally their jackass followers towards another target in the future. This is the bitter medicine the Muslim world must taste in order for it to live in the real world.

Sidenote: Head on over to PomoChristian for some much needed comic relief on the whole matter. Cause God knows we need it!

9 Comments:

At Sunday, 05 February, 2006, Blogger Winston said...

can we spray these radical few and get rid of them?

 
At Sunday, 05 February, 2006, Blogger AT said...

we need to wake up and understand the real threat. As Daniel Pipes puts it, we are not fighting against a country, race or religion but against Islamists. We need to clarify that. Our struggle is not against Iraq or Afghanistan but against the Islamists.

 
At Sunday, 05 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, when 9/11 happened I really believed that Islam was a religion of peace and thought that there were few extremists. But now, I see how full of hate the muslim world is, how arrogant they are, and how superior they feel compared to others. They come to the west, spread their poisonous beliefs, use our system, and hide behind our laws. What does it tell you about muslims when most of them actually think that the holocaust never happened? Most of them would destroy all the jews in the world and dominate the rest of us if they could.

Sorry if I offended you Arabian Knight. This is how I feel and I really hate it. I do respect you.

 
At Sunday, 05 February, 2006, Blogger The Arabian Knight said...

WWell I don't think its fair to paint ALL Muslims like that anon. I agree that their is a virus within the Muslim community that must be fought by both Muslims and non-Muslims (Fundamentalism and extremism). But I can assure you that I don't plan on forcing my views on anyone, and neither did my family when they came here. I don't know if I represent a minority or majority within my community, but you have to understand that there are some rational Muslims who exist who reject and condem the very things your raising.

You may disagree with the tenants or beliefs of Islam, I can respect that. But lumping all Muslims into one is... (no offense) stupid. Not to mention counter-productive.

 
At Sunday, 05 February, 2006, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hey AK, I've known very few muslims. When I say know I mean actually talk and get lto know them beyond "Islam is peace". I did get to now two that I worked with. They were nice but in some ways they really scared me. I am a christian and I support Isreal. Right here we had two major differences. I asked one if she believed suicide bombers were martyrs. She said that becasue Isreal was so strong that was all they could do. So GOD BLESS THEM! The other muslim was there and sat smiling and nodding in aggreement. I wish I could meet more people like you but until I do I am under the impression that you are a minority in the muslim community. Love your blog! you help me stay balanced when I start thinking all muslims are violent radicals.

 
At Sunday, 05 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Arabian Knight,

Thanks for responding to my comment.

You said: But I can assure you that I don't plan on forcing my views on anyone.

It's not your views that scare me. I wish more people had your views.

You said: I don't think its fair to paint ALL Muslims like that.

I don't paint all muslims like that. Muslims like you, Irshad Manji, Salim Mansour, and sandmonkey I respect very much and would be happy to call each one of you my fellow citizen. But, because there are so few of you, I do paint most muslims like that. It may be stupid or wrong of me, as you say.

You said: You may disagree with the tenants or beliefs of Islam, I can respect that. But lumping all Muslims into one is... (no offense) stupid. Not to mention counter-productive.

You might be right on all the above.

You said: there are some rational Muslims who exist who reject and condem the very things your raising.

There are some rational Muslims, such as yourself. I really hope you succeed. People like you are the brave ones.

Thanks and take care.

 
At Monday, 06 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing that I don't understand is why it's so important for muslims to deny the holocaust. Can someone explain that to me?

 
At Tuesday, 07 February, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you AK you are a rational Muslim, and I for one hope your beleifs are the ones that ultimately prevail in the coming flames of False Jihad. You and your bretheren are like the Muslims of Al Andalus who had begun to get along with the celtic descended basques and germanic Vandal descendents who made up Christian Spain. That is until the Almoravid and Almohad showed up and made war first upon their bretheren in faith, as heretics then later upon the christians. I hope with all my heart that you do not deceive your self into beleiving the poison in your faith can be easily neutralized, in fact it may need to be excised or amputated by force to save the rest of the body. Best of luck.

Daryl Haaland

 
At Thursday, 15 July, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

借貸 借錢 票貼

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home